For the next two weeks, we will transport our elementary students to an unused school in Corsicana – Drane Learning Center (100 S. 18th St, Corsicana, TX 75110). We need to allow our teachers to visit the building and set-up their temporary classrooms before having students arrive. To allow this to happen, our elementary students will return to school Tuesday, February 23, 2021.
Monday: Elementary students will NOT have school.
JH and HS students will have school as planned.
Tuesday: All students attend school.
The following information will help clarify how the temporary campus will operate for your children.
- All regular Blooming Grove ISD bus riders will be picked up at their normal times. After the JH and HS students are dropped off at school, the elementary students will be taken to Drane Learning Center in Corsicana.
- Buses will drop students off after school at their regular drop off times. Please be patient the first few days as we adjust to our temporary schedule.
- We will have a car line at Drane Learning Center for students to be dropped off and picked up.
- Drop off times will be 7:05-7:40 AM and pick up time will be 3:05 PM.
- Specific details will follow as we visit the Drane Learning Center this weekend.
We understand this may be a hardship for some families. We will provide buses to Drane Learning Center for families that are unable to transport their children to Corsicana.
- Students who will be riding the bus to Drane Learning Center must be dropped off at the Jr High gym between 7:00 - 7:10 AM. Buses will load and leave Blooming Grove at this time.
- Students who will be riding the bus back to Blooming Grove, will leave Drane Learning Center and return to the Blooming Grove Jr. High gym by 3:37 PM. Students who are normally car riders, will get off of the buses and be housed in the Jr. High gym. Staff members will bring students out to cars like normal. Please do not get out of your car.
Breakfast and Lunch
All elementary students will be provided breakfast and lunch at Drane Learning Center. Breakfast and lunch will still be prepared and provided by our elementary cafeteria staff.
All elementary teachers and staff will be at the Drane Learning Center to ensure our children and parents receive the same support as they would in our own building. We will not have staff at the elementary campus.
- We are working to set up the regular school phone number to connect to the Drane Learning Center.
- As always, you may reach Blooming Grove ISD at 903-695-2541 and we will be glad to help answer any questions you may have.